24 inch Weave Pole Spacing
23 Aug 2009
There has been a lot of discussion on the USDAA email list trying to convince the board to change to 24” weave pole spacing.
I chimed in at one point and fully support that move. I hope the board will listen to the competitors, trainers and veterinarians who are also in support of that change. IIRC last year they chose to only change the spacing to 21” +/- 1 inch; this got rid of the 18” weave poles that were allowed up until then.CleanRun has two good articles online about the issue:
- An Ann Croft editorial contains photos and links to videos showing 20 and 24 inch spacing
- An article on weave pole medical concerns
I’m just presenting the information that helped me make my decision and hope it is informative to you as well.
- 24 inch Weave Pole Spacing Survey Results
- Converting Weaves to 24 inch Spacing
- Milo and the Ultimate Weave Pole Challenge
- Weave Safety in One Photo