USDAA Rule Changes Announced
01 Jul 2010
The USDAA just announced a number of rules changes that should make competitors happier:
- Weave poles 22 +/- 2in effective immediately. I'm glad to see USDAA come in line with the other organizations on this.
- The displaceable tire is now allowed - the parts of the tire must remain suspended in the frame (not fall on or entangle the dog). Separating or displacing the tire is a 5 pt fault. The tire diameter is now 20 +/- 1in.
- In the 2011 tournament year, the performance titles will be named with performance in their names, Master Performance Dog, Performance Dog Champion, etc.
- A veterans class will be started in 2011 - details to follow
- PSJ will have regionals and quarter finals competitions in 2011
- Also in 2011 - a dog will need to qualify in 2 out of 3 tournaments to enter the finals