Dearlove Intermediate Course - Front vs. Rear Crosses
04 Oct 2004
I designed this practice course so Dearlove’s intermediate handlers could work on trying some different handling options for a longer sequence.
Here are my thoughts about possible handling options:
- It would be nice to see some more advanced handlers work on calling their dogs over jump 2 (to their extended right hand) while the handlers are facing jump 3
- It will be critical that handlers "support their dog's line between jumps 4 and 5
- Jumps 5-6. on the landing side of jump 5 or before jump 5 followed by a before jump 6
- Jumps 8-9. Front Cross after jump 8 and pull the dog through jump 9-11 or Lead Out to the between jumps 8 and 9 and call the dog to their left hand and then pull the dog through the jumps
- Front Cross over jump 11 and handle the dog on the right hand side for the final two jumps
This setup should be challenging but the teams are getting better and better.
For another course using the same setup please see this article.
- Dearlove Advanced Course - Front vs. Rear Crosses
- Dearlove Intermediate Mini-Course - Front Cross Drills
- Running Dearlove Intermediate Course of 4 Oct 2004
- Running Dearlove Agility Intermediate Course of 29 Aug 2004
- Running Dearlove Intermediate Course of 16 Aug 2004
- Running Dearlove Intermediate Course of 20 Sep 2004