Can You Handle It? Seminar Chalk Talk Video
27 Aug 2013
I recently gave a 1/2 day “Can You Handle It?” Seminar and enjoyed the challenges in the course so much I thought I’d share it and my analysis with you. I’ve created a chalk talk of the course so you can hear some of the handling approaches on which I had the participants work.
When I give a seminar I’m never interested in helping handlers just “get around” the course; I’m interested in helping handlers clearly communicate changes in direction and effort to their dogs so their runs are fast and clean.
I have two primary goals for this level and type of seminar:
- Work on common sequences and methods for handling them.
- Identifying and combining the most effective cues for each team and identifying areas for further practice.
Here’s the course layout which contains: a Pin Wheel, and some long lines with off courses. These are challenges an intermediate team will really want to master for competition., , ,
Here’s my video chalk talk where I cover some of the handling possibilities and challenges faced by the students:
I hope you enjoyed this analysis!
- Can You Handle It? Novice & Intermediate Courses
- Can You Handle It? 2011 Courses
- How Would You Handle It? Video
- Can You Handle a Running Dog Walk?
- How Would You Handle It? - Sequence 1
- Chalk Talk: 2013 IFCS CCOA Biathon Jumpers