28 Mar 2005
Been thinking about buying a house that will make my Agility and Flyball life better. I came up with the following priorities:
- Flat, unobstructed, fencible yard at least 50 foot by 100 foot
- No more than 1.5 miles from a Metra train station (need that walking exercise) no more than a 30 minute commute (express) to downtown Chicago
- Quiet area. Not on or adjacent to a busy street
- Three bedroom, two bath house with basement, old or new. Except for college, I've always lived in Chicago bungalows. It would be nice to find one that fits these requirements.
- Two car garage
- Breakfast area facing east-ish and main living area facing west-ish. This may sound like a weird priority - but I've found that, when I'm not working at home, I'd be in either of these rooms at those times of day. Might as well see some sunlight when I'm home. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a Feng Shuithing...
- High speed internet access (DSL or cable)
- Cost - as little as possible
I guess this is basically a little house on a big lot, at least in Chicago-land terms. At this point I’m more interested in a house for playing with the dogs than what the house looks like. I’ll have to figure out if there are any other important priorities so I can start acting on this idea.
Life is too short…
- Agility House!
- AgilityNerd Dog Agility on Social Networks
- Dog Agility News/Links: Jun-Nov
- Aging in Agility - Choosing Retirement?
- Let's Open Source Dog Agility!
- Calling Dog Agility Bloggers!