Dearlove Nested Class Course - July 6 and 13 2006
05 Jul 2006Jumpers sequences this week; there is no table at which to catch your breath... That being said, I'm excited about these sequences. Give them a try and see what you think.
There are two Intermediate team sequences. The first opens with a couple jumps to a(it is almost two back to back Serpentines) to the tunnel. Out of the tunnel a bit of running through a near jump sequence and back into the tunnel. Then a long run into a 270.
The second sequence opens with a run through two jumps to the tunnel. Then a 180 and back into the tunnel again. Out of the tunnel the same two jumps now make a Serpentine right into a 270 jumping sequence. I think we’ll work on this sequence in class.
The first Advanced team course opens with a jump into a four jump Serpentine. It is then the handler’s choice for which direction to wrap the dog around the jump and into the tunnel. Out of the tunnel it is a two jump near 270 and back into the tunnel. The sequence closes with a fast line into awith another 270.
The second sequence works the opening as an across the Box with a 270 and into the tunnel. Then the four jump Serpentine going in the opposite (easier?) direction ending back through the Box in a final 270.
Course Setup With Obstacle Coordinates
The usual drill: have the handlers walk the course and run it once without any specified handling. Then discuss the following handling options for the right hand sequence:
- As usual, does a Lead Out give you any advantage? If so where would you be? Where would you set up your dog?
- How will you handle the 180 through jumps 4 and 5?
- What side of jumps 7-8-9-10 will you plan to be on? How does that choice impact your handling of jump 10-11?
- Will you need to cross for the 270 from jump 10 to 11? Which one and where?
Walk it, run it, discuss it, and run it again!
Two sequences for the same setup. The left hand sequence is discussed below:
- Any benefit to a Lateral Lead Out or Lead Out Pivot? If so, where should you be positioned?
- How are you going to handle the 2-3-4-5 Serpentine? What do you think about one sided Serpentine handling? Or should it be broken up? What side(s) will your run on? If you are changing sides where is your side switch?
- What direction will you turn the dog over jump 5?
- Any concern that 7-8 will look similar to 3-4 and you won't get your tunnel entrance?
- On which side will you pick up your dog coming out of the tunnel the second time?
- How will you handle the "Box" in the closing?
Please add your comments and handling approach(es) for these courses below!
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - June 22 and 29 2006
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - June 8 and 15 2006
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - Sep 14 and 21 2006
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - May 25 & June 1 2006
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - May 4 & 11 2006
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - Apr 20 & 27 2006