Dearlove Intermediate Class - Get To Your Spot
29 Aug 2004
I designed this practice course so Dearlove’s intermediate handlers could work on running a little longer course, chain some skills together, and start thinking about places they have to be on a course. This course contains a variation of an interesting sequence from Dana Pike’s run throughs on Aug 15th.
I didn’t put it on the course, but imagine a start/finish line at the bottom of the course. Here are the handling issues I was thinking about when I designed this course:
- Jumps 1-3
- Jumps 1-2 with the dog on the handler's left and rear cross jump 3
- Or lead out to Jump 1 and pull the dogs through jumps 1-3 on the handler's right. I'm skeptical this will work for a fast, driving dog
- Remainder of the Course
- Run to a point past jump 6 and pick up the dog on the handler's right
- Lead out from the table half way to jump 6
- Front cross over jump 6 to handle jumps 7-8 on the handler's right
- Run to get in position to front cross on the landing of jump 8
- Rear cross jump 10 - I think this is the only way this will work
- Run to a position between jumps 12 and 13 and handle the closing on the right
I hope this course gets the handlers moving!
For another course using the same setup please see this article.
- Dearlove Intermediate Class - Pin Wheels
- Dearlove Intermediate Class - Chaining Skills
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - Oct 12 and Oct 19 2006
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - May 23 & June 6 2005
- Dearlove Intermediate Course - Front vs. Rear Crosses
- Dearlove Advanced Class - Pin Wheels