Dearlove Advanced Class - Choices, Choices, Choices
29 Aug 2004
I designed this practice course so Dearlove’s advanced handlers could work on trying some different handling options for this course. This course contains a variation of an interesting sequence from Dana Pike’s run throughs on Aug 15th.
I didn’t put it on the course, but imagine a start/finish line at the bottom of the course. There are almost too many handling options to list. Here are the handling issues I was thinking about when I designed this course:
- Obstacles 1-3 Options
- Lead Out to Jump 1 and handle Jumps 1-2 with the dog on the handler's right and inside arm to tunnel 3
- Or lead out to landing side of Jump 1, call dog to left arm and handle on the left to tunnel 3. This option should take off course jump 7 out of the picture
- Jumps 4-5
- Move to take off of jump 4 and pick up dog on the right. Pull Through jumps 4 and 5
- Or move to landing of jump 4 on line to jump 5 facing the tunnel exit. Pickup the dog on extended left arm. Rear cross landing of jump 5 as dog takes jump 6
- Front Cross Learning the Front Cross - VideoFront Cross on the way to jump 7 (dog is on handler's left)
- Rear Cross Learning the Rear CrossRear Cross on take off of jump 8
- Run to landing of jump 11 and pickup dog on handler's right on the way to the table
- Lead out from the table half way to jump 11
- Front cross over jump 11 to handle jumps 12-13 on the handler's right
I’m sure there are even more handling possibilities…
For another course using the same setup please see this article.
If you enjoyed this article won't you please: Thanks!