Dearlove Intermediate Class - Pin Wheels
20 Sep 2004
I designed this practice course so Dearlove’s intermediate handlers could work on basic Pin Wheel handling. There are a lot of numbers on the course but it is basically two Pin Wheels back to back with the dog taking the top Pin Wheel in both directions. For intermediate handlers I’ll break the course up at the table and work the second half first, followed by the first half; before putting the two pieces together.
I’ll ask the handlers to get into the pocket for both directions of the top Pin Wheel. It will be important to be at the tunnel exit prior to jump 7 to pick up the dog and direct it to jump 7 (in order to avoid the off course jump 3). I’ll ask the handler to try both afrom jump 9 to jump 10 and a after jump 10 on the way to the table.
After the table, staying in the pocket again is probably the safest handling; we’ll see about the off course to the tunnel.
For another course using the same setup please see this article.
- Dearlove Advanced Class - Pin Wheels
- Dearlove Intermediate Class - Chaining Skills
- Dearlove Intermediate Class - Get To Your Spot
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - Sep 28 and Oct 5 2006
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - June 22 and 29 2006
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - May 25 & June 1 2006