Backyard Handling Mastery: 2 Jumps + Tunnel = 24 Challenges
11 Nov 2016Updated: 2016-11-12 with two more sequences!
I wanted to create some sequences to demonstrate my “Backyard Handling Mastery” philosophy so I came up with these four obstacle layouts. Then I designed two sequences to exercise:, moving past obstacles, and . So now I want to challenge you to run them with ALL dog path variations. By my calculations that’s 24 different paths with at least that many handling options!
These sequences may look easy but I think you’ll find they are challenging to handle AND if you try to run a few of them in one session they’ll also challenge your mental toughness to keep the sequence(s) and your handling straight.
Here are another two sequences. Notice I moved and increased the angle of the tunnel so it’s easier to get your dog to the front side of the jumps:
Don’t try them all at once, that’s a lot of work! But do try them. Don’t forget increasing or decreasing the spacing between obstacles also changes the handling challenges…
- Backyard Mastery - Turning the "Wrong" Way
- Backyard Mastery - Move It!
- Backyard Mastery - Changing Sides & Cutting Corners
- Dana Pike Weave Entry/Exit, Straight Tunnel Challenges
- Moving Towards Mastery: 14 Layouts to Challenge Your Handling
- Moving Towards Mastery: Move Obstacles to Challenge Your Handling