Advanced Class: More This and That - 22-Dec-2010
23 Dec 2010
Here’s a course with Pin Wheel, and general handling from my classes this week at For Your Canine. Take a look at Dana Pike’s course from this week for another sequence with a similar equipment layout.s, , a
Here is a diagram showing some handling ideas and some quick handling notes:
- Start out dog on right into the tunnel and
Shoulder Pull/Post Turnaround to jump 3. Front Crossover jump 3 to put dog on your right and to keep dog out of tunnel entrance 1 (or show good motion to opening 4 with dog on right).
- Dog on right 5-6 then either Front Cross,
Rear Crossor Blind Crossat the green X after the weaves.
- A Front Cross between jumps 9 and 10 to tighten the turn.
- Then Shoulder Pull (dog on left) to tunnel 11.
- Front Cross/Blind Cross at the tunnel exit and Shoulder Pull around the 270 to the A Frame.
- From the table after the A Frame, the off course jump 9/13 can be challenging to dog with running A Frames.
- Front Cross Jump Wrap over jump 12 and then dog on left to the end.
This was a fun one for me and my students liked it :^) I hope it is fun for you too.
- Advanced Class: This and That - 15-Dec-2010
- Advanced Class Course: Where Did This Come From?
- Advanced Class: I Like This One - 30-Mar-2011
- Advanced Class: Run This Course, Really! - 15-Jun-2011