New Jump Box Sequence Generator
26 Oct 2010
One reason I created AgilityCourses was to have a place to experiment with software I’ve had in mind for generating practice courses and to do so in a way that works for home and mobile users.
After creating my Blank Course Generator I decided to rewrite my page for generating custom .
The Box is a nice setup since it only takes four jumps and a small amount of space. But you can do a lot of handling with it. I wrote the generator because it generates sequences that you might not otherwise try, it is easy to get “stuck in a rut”. We tend to repeat the things we know and like instead of moving out of our comfort zone.
The NEW Jump Box Sequence Generator has these features:
- Choose sequence lengths from 4-20 jumps
- Choose the skills you want to work on:
- Straight and 90 degree turns
- degree turns
- Pushing to the of a jump
- Moving past a jump without taking it
- Once you generate a sequence you can bookmark it in your browser to find it again
- If you print out a page the page has a short URL printed on it to make typing it in or sending it to a friend easier
- If your phone has a camera that can read barcodes, the online and printed courses have QR Codes on them to make it easy to share that page with friends or view it again from your phone.
- Once you've generated a course there is a button to make it easy to generate another sequence with the same settings
A side note, I also fixed the web site styling for folks still using IE 6; the site will look closer to how it looks on other browsers.
Please give the new Jump Box Sequence Generator a try and give me your feedback!