Small Space Octagon Handling Drills
19 May 2012
I enjoyed running Kurt Jensen’s Octagon Jumpers course and I decided to create some more sequences based on a smaller version of the course. These sequences contain a wide range of handling challenges at various skill levels; so if one looks too hard or too easy check out another one. Looking back at these… the 2nd and 3rd ones are pretty “interesting”… don’t hate me ;^).
You can make this course setup smaller if you don’t use winged jumps. I set the jumps in the octagon to have a gap of about six feet (my arm span) between jumps. With that width gap you can get yourself and/or your dog through the gap. So don’t get too hung up on the spacing shown in the diagrams. Sometimes increasing the distance between obstacles creates more of a challenge than moving them closer…
If you enjoyed this article won't you please: Thanks!
- Octagon Serpentine/Threadle Handling Drills
- Fun Small Space Courses With Handling Options - Annotated Video
- Small Space Masters Handling Seminar Sequences
- WAO 2016 Relay Small Space Weave Entry/Exit Drills
- Six Advanced to Masters Challenge 40x40 Small Space Courses
- Starters/Advanced/Masters Challenge Small Space Courses