Small Space Front/Rear Cross Seminar Sequences
10 Apr 2017
I’m back from teaching a fun weekend of seminars with Talcott Moutain Agility Club in Manchester, CT and thought I’d share the smaller space sequences I designed with you! The facility was 45’ by 60’ and all you need are some jumps and one or two tunnels.
When I teach this seminar I focus on the team’s execution; I want clean, clear execution, with the handler using their cues and moving on as their dog is committed to the obstacle. So if you set these up those are good things to focus on! Don’t worry about completing the sequences; it’s your execution that matters.
In the course setup below I used 4 foot bars and 1 foot jump wings. I definitely tweaked the jump locations to suit my needs, don’t be afraid to make changes:
I specify the handling I want the handlers to use so they can work ontheir dogs to the right and the left, crossing on the flat, and locating their crosses along the .
- Start dog on right, minimal lead out if necessary.
- At 2 wrap dog to their left.
- At 3 wrap dog to their right.
- Dog on right 4-5.
- Front cross between 5-6 on approach side of 6. Also practice on landing side of 6.
- Front cross over jump 8 (handler on landing side of 8).
- Dog on right 9-11.
- At 11 wrap dog to their left.
- Front cross between 13-14.
- Front cross between 15-16.
Just like for the front cross sequence, I’ll have the handlers do every possible:
- Start dog on left.
- Rear cross approach of 2.
- 3-4 to setup:
- Rear cross 4-5.
- Rear cross 6-7.
- Rear cross wrap 9 (turn dog to their right).
- Rear cross wrap 11 (turn dog to their left).
- Rear cross 13-14.
- Rear cross 14-15.
Here’s a sequence I use so handlers can use their choice of front and rear crosses:
I hope you set these up and have some fun and challenges running them!
- Challenging Big & Small Courses
- Small Space Masters Handling Seminar Sequences
- Fun Small Space Courses With Handling Options - Annotated Video
- Full Size and Small Space Sequences