Full Size and Small Space Sequences
20 Oct 2012
I came up with a fun and challenging course for class this past week and broke out a couple small space sequences from it. You can work on , Ketschkers, Threadles, and most interestingly: choosing sides on what appears to be a flowing course. In fact I’d challenge you to be able to run each section on both sides of the obstacles.
Small Space Sequences
Here are a few handling notes/challenges for Sequence #1:
- Dog on handler's left or right from 1 to 2.
- 3-4 is a long so you will need to support the of jump 4.
- I prefer on the landing of jump 4 and again on the landing of jump 5.
- Can you turn your dog either direction over jump 6?
- Ketschker opportunity at 6 also.
- Do you have independent weave poles? Can you get to the landing of 8 while your dog finished weaving?
- Can you handle 8 to 9 with your dog on your left or right?
- Be sure to cue collection going into 10.
- I hope you can turn your dog tightly to their left over 10.
- Could treat 10-11-12 as or turn the opposite directions for a "clover leaf" shaped path. Which is faster?
Hope you try both small space courses. I do want to hear or see how you did!