Dana Pike Advanced Class Course
08 Dec 2004
Last week Dana Pike had us run a course that was renumbered and the obstacles slightly tweaked from the previous week’s course. Dana is really skilled at creating multiple challenging sequences on a course.
Unfortunately, I’m too busy to write up a full analysis of running the course. Here are some things Dana gave us to think about:
- On the Lead Out don't hide the tunnel entrance from your dog.
- Don't turn too quickly through the degree turn between jumps 3-4. Move at or a little faster than your dog's pace .
- Like last week, give your dog enough strides out of the tunnel to get momentum up the A Frame.
- Know what your dog needs from you to make the 180 degree weave entrance.
- Short stride jump 11 or Pre-Cue the turn so your dog doesn't over jump - you want a tight wrap.
- Consider how you want to handle the 12-13-14 PinWheel.
- Jumps 14-15-16 can you get ahead of your dog and handle them all with your dog on your right? Run!
I really enjoyed the closing sequence. Any time I can get ahead of my dogs, it is great fun to watch them charge over the jumps with just a little bit of directional control on my part.
The course is shown below. Set it up and enjoy!
- Dana Pike Advanced Class Course - Mar 10, 2005
- Dana Pike Advanced Class Course - Mar 2 2006
- Dana Pike Advanced Class Course - Nov 17, 2005
- Dana Pike Advanced Class Course - Mar 03 2005
- Dana Pike Advanced Class Course - Feb 17 2005
- Dana Pike Advanced Class Course