Advanced Class: Pin Wheel, Wraps, Serpentine and a Threadle - 11-Nov-2010
15 Nov 2010
Some handling notes:
- 1-2 dog on handler's right. Either Shoulder Pull around the Pin Wheel and drive to the opening of the tunnel (dog on handler's right the whole way). Or over jump 3 and drive to the tunnel with the dog on the handler's left. The latter keeps the handler moving. Your choice also depends on the placement of jump 4 relative to the tunnel opening.
- 5-6-7 Run.
- 7-8-9-10 is a Threadle to a Serpentine. There are multiple solutions:
- Stay on the A Frame side of jumps 7-8
- Handle as a Single Sided Threadle where you rotate after the dog has come through the gapd to and have him on your left arm as you move forward.
- Depending on the handler's ability to get ahead, can then either Rear Cross on the landing or take off side of jump 9
- Handling on the side opposite the A Frame:
- Front Cross 7-8 closer to 7 so you can push the dog to the back side of the jump.
- Ideally you want to handle 8-9-10 as a Single Sided Serpentine, but almost any combination of crosses can work.
- Handlers should be able to run this section from either side.
- 12-13 a Rear Cross on the flat shouldn't be necessary if you connect with your dog and show motion to the tunnel opening. Some handlers had to front cross after 12 to keep their dogs out of the off course tunnel entrance.
- The rest is straight forward - cue the jump wrap 16-17 so you get a nice tight turn. Drive through the last jump!
I asked everyone if they wanted to run the same sequence a third time or run a new sequence and got a 50/50 split. So I modified it just a little and it was fun! By switching 8 and 9 it moves the Threadle. The main thing is you need to Front Cross closer to 8 to avoid pushing your dog to the back side of 8. You may need to tweak the tire so it is a safe entrance after the double jump.
I hope you try these and you enjoy them as much as we did.
- Advanced Class: Meat and Potatoes - 09-Mar-2011
- Advanced Class: Kinda Evil Courses - 09-Feb-2011
- Advanced Class: Just Ugly! - 17-Nov-2010
- Advanced Class: I Like This One - 30-Mar-2011