Advanced Class Course: Attentive Handling - 09-Nov-2011
10 Nov 2011
My Advanced class course at For Your K-9 incorporated an interesting challenge from a Silas Boogk handling seminar I attended at Ann Braue’s last week. You can work on weave approaches, , a , and moving past obstacles. This course ran fast and smoothly for the students who mastered the challenges:
I had my Intermediate class run the course with the white numbers and the black #2. My Advanced/Masters class ran with both black numbers.
Here are some handling thoughts on the black sequence:
- Dog on right - Push to back of 2 and over the jump.
- Dog on left through dog walk.
- For dogs faster than their handlers get a head check after 5 to get the dog to the correct side of 6 and send to jump and tunnel.
- Handle 8 with dog on left. Drive forward and call dog to your left hand (don't turn back you'll open up and direct your dog to the off course jump) then push to the back of jump and either Scoop over 8 (keeping dog on handler's left) or Blind Cross over the jump (putting the dog on the handler's right).
- Front Cross on landing of 10.
- Either Front Cross on take off of 12 (watch off course) and to 13 or Shoulder Pull and 12.
- Dog on right through 14 (although you could Rear Cross the weave entry and handle dog on left) and Push on the last pole of the weaves and then Serpentine 15-16-17. Alternately, after push on last pole, Front Cross over jump 15.
- Front Cross the exit of the tunnel and then dog on left to the end.
- NDAL Feb 2016 Course With Handling Analysis
- Advanced Class Course: Where Did This Come From?
- Advanced Class: No Frills Course - 23-Feb-2011
- Advanced Class: Run This Course, Really! - 15-Jun-2011