Advanced Class: No Frills Course - 23-Feb-2011
24 Feb 2011
Sequence 1 Setup
The red obstacle numbers were the original sequence and without the reds is the smoother course. Here are some quick handling notes for the first sequence.
- Start out dog on left and between 2 and 3
- Show collection to 3 to get a clean turn into the tunnel
- Weaves with dog on handler's left you can push on the last weave pole and the A Frame approach or Front Cross the exit
- Weaves with dog on handler's right you leave the weave entry up to the dog and the dog to the A Frame
- 7-8-9 Front Cross Jump Wrap 9 and dog on left around to teeter
- 7-8- Red 9 for handler ahead of dog could Front Cross on take off of jump 9 and dog on left around to teeter. Or Push dog to back side of 9 and Front Cross across the face of the jump to have dog on left to teeter.
- Rear Crossing 10 failed consistently the dog does (and should) turn to the weaves... unless you cross very close to 9 and push forward (use rear cross as a change of sides and not a turning cue - this is verboten in some handling systems)
- Single Sided Serpentine 12-13-14
- The rest of the course is all about Front Cross jump wraps - if you can get ahead and stay ahead
The back side of jump 9 was the stickiest spot and 2-3-4 took some finesse. But my students did a very nice job (once again!).
I do want to hear from you if you set up these sequences!
- Advanced Class: Kinda Evil Courses - 09-Feb-2011
- Advanced Class: I Like This One - 30-Mar-2011
- Advanced Class: Not Evil Courses - 16-Feb-2011
- Advanced Class: Just a Dash of Evil - 16-Mar-2011