Advanced Class: Just Ugly! - 17-Nov-2010
17 Nov 2010
Here’s a challenging, dare I say ugly, sequence for working on For Your Canine. A lot of slicing jump approaches were challenging for the less experienced dogs., and a from this week’s classes at
I’m pressed for time, just some quick handling notes:
- Turn the dog either way over 2, If you wrap to the dog's left keep out of the dog's way as you drive to 3 or you'll add yardage.
- Which side of jumps 7-11 do you want to be on? To me the key is turning the dog to their right over jump 11, which meant handling dog on my left all the way. Which, in turn, meant I the end of the dog walk and ran, dog on left, scooping/pushing over 10. It is a tricky set of angles!
- Front cross jump wrap 11, Front Cross 12 to 13 and shoulder pull to weaves.
- 15-16 Either on the take off side to get the wrap (dog turns left over 16), or Front Cross Jump Wrap, or Shoulder Pull (both dog turns right over 16).
- Just run the line, dog on left to the ending
My students didn’t like it at all during the walk and some even during the first run. But on the second try they all did it nicely! I hope you try these and you don’t hate me after wards!
- Advanced Class: Pin Wheel, Wraps, Serpentine and a Threadle - 11-Nov-2010
- Advanced Class: Serpentines and Threadles - 24-Nov-2010
- Advanced Class: Just a Dash of Evil - 16-Mar-2011
- Advanced Class: More This and That - 22-Dec-2010
- Advanced Class: This and That - 15-Dec-2010
- Advanced Class: - 22-Dec-2010