Advanced Class: Just Ugly! - 17-Nov-2010
17 Nov 2010
Here’s a challenging, dare I say ugly, sequence for working on Serpentines Serpentine Handling TechniquesSerpentine Sequence, Jump Wraps Jump Wrap Handling TipsJump Wrap Handling - With VideoJump Wrap/Wrap and a Threadles Mary Ellen Barry on Threadle HandlingThe Connection Between Threadles and Back SidesSingle Sided Threadle HandlingTraditional Threadle HandlingThreadle Sequence from this week’s classes at For Your Canine. A lot of slicing jump approaches were challenging for the less experienced dogs.
I’m pressed for time, just some quick handling notes:
- Turn the dog either way over 2, If you wrap to the dog's left keep out of the dog's way as you drive to 3 or you'll add yardage.
- Which side of jumps 7-11 do you want to be on? To me the key is turning the dog to their right over jump 11, which meant handling dog on my left all the way. Which, in turn, meant I Front Crossed Learning the Front Cross - VideoFront Cross the end of the dog walk and ran, dog on left, scooping/pushing over 10. It is a tricky set of angles!
- Front cross jump wrap 11, Front Cross 12 to 13 and shoulder pull to weaves.
- 15-16 Either Rear Cross Learning the Rear CrossRear Cross on the take off side to get the wrap (dog turns left over 16), or Front Cross Jump Wrap, or Shoulder Pull (both dog turns right over 16).
- Just run the line, dog on left to the ending
My students didn’t like it at all during the walk and some even during the first run. But on the second try they all did it nicely! I hope you try these and you don’t hate me after wards!
If you enjoyed this article won't you please: Thanks!