Team Small Dog: Agility, Make It Fun
12 Nov 2009
Laura at Team Small Dog has just written a great post titled “Thinking different to make a change”. I think it is required reading for all agility students and trainers. It can be too easy to write the dog off when the trainer/owner hasn’t found what it is that makes the game fun for the dog. All the excuses and blame get heaped unfairly on the dog because not enough thinking went on to find a way to change the task or the dog’s perspective on the task to make it fun. As Laura puts it:
I think an important corollary is “it is only a reward if the dog finds it rewarding” (I believe I have Suzanne Clothier to thank for that).
Please be kind and be thoughtful.
- Team Small Dog Sequence - With Updated Video
- Team Small Dog Blog: Small Fast Kick Yer Ass
- Small Space Courses for a Fun Fourth!
- Fun Small Space Courses With Handling Options - Annotated Video
- Small Spaces: Weave Entries & Fun Handling
- Dog Agility News/Links: Jun-Nov