Dearlove Nested Class Course - May 10 & 17 2005
08 May 2005
This class course presents Pull Throughs for the advanced students.to the beginners, works on and continues handling from last week for the intermediate students and works and
- Introduce the using the straight tunnel. Work from both sides as shown in the diagram.
- Introduce recalls over jumps (working all approach angles). Give each student their own jump and have them jump away from one another.
- Lead outs
- Rear Crossing into hallway door openings
Sequence 1-5 is just a warm up to get the handler’s in position to work on handling 180 from 3-4 if they so desire).(although handlers could play around with different handling methods for the
- Work the 6-7-8 Serpentine using two
- Work the 6-7-8 Serpentine from one side with two Front Crosses
- Discuss working the 6-7-8 Serpentine from one side with a smaller cue. (refer to CleanRun handling issue).
- Is handling of 8-9 270 sufficient?
- Front Cross on landing of 11 or Post Turn to 12?
This is a “no rest” jumping sequence to work on handling Pull Throughs. Discuss:and
- Any benefit to not handling the Serpentine down the middle?
- Which way to turn the dog after jump 4?
- How to get to tunnel 8? Does a Front Cross 7-8 help?
- A send to 9 should really help the 270 back into the Serpentine.
- Which way to wrap at 13?
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - Oct 17 & Oct 24 2005
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - May 4 & 11 2006
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - Oct 3 & Oct 10 2005
- Dearlove Nested Class Course - Sep 18 & Sep 25 2005