Advanced Class: Smoother Than It Looks! - 06-Apr-2011
16 Apr 2011
Better late than never! Here’s a couple challenging sequences containing a Pin Wheel, a Threadle Mary Ellen Barry on Threadle HandlingThe Connection Between Threadles and Back SidesThreadle SequenceSingle Sided Threadle HandlingTraditional Threadle Handling, some Jump Wraps Jump Wrap Handling TipsJump Wrap/WrapJump Wrap Handling - With Video and some interesting handling options from my Advanced classes a couple weeks ago at For Your Canine. There was some unhappiness during the walk through but everyone handled it nicely.
Advanced Class Sequence 1
Advanced Class Sequence 2
Here are some quick notes on handling options for both courses:
- Can you handle 1-6 with your dog on your left the whole way?
- How about Front Cross Learning the Front Cross - VideoFront Cross landing side of 2 and Reverse Front Cross Jump Wrap Jump Wrap Handling TipsJump Wrap/WrapJump Wrap Handling - With Video over 3 and then Shoulder Pull Learning the Post TurnPost Turn/Shoulder Pull/Pivot Turn around to 4?
- Back side of the jump after the weaves three main options:
- Push to back side, pickup dog on left and Rear Cross the tunnel.
- Push to back side, Front Cross over the jump (dog now on handler's right) and pull to the tunnel.
- Drive past jump, Front Cross (dog now on handler's right) and drive to tunnel.
- The rest of the sequences are about not cuing extension to off course obstacles...
Hope you give this one a “whirl”!
If you enjoyed this article won't you please: Thanks!