Advanced Class Course: Easy Peasy Fast and Breezy!
28 Jul 2011
This course was a fun one and kept the dog and handler moving. It let teams work on On and Off Side Weave Entries, , and . We had a little time at the end of the class and ran the black circles to work on the approach to the weaves or Pushing on the last pole.
For my intermediate class we worked on the 1-16 and then on the black circles 1-6. I’ve been teasing that class that they’ll only work weaves on their right side for the rest of this training session…
Here are some quick notes on how you might handle it (white circles):
- Dog on handler's left 1-3 around to the broad jump. Could start dog on right and on the flat before 3, but handler needs to be enough ahead after the broad jump so dog doesn't curl back to handler and look at off course 18.
- 6-7 and 7-8 was fastest. Can you handle it just as well with two Rear Crosses?
- Send to tunnel and hustle to and Front Cross between 10 and 11.
- Dog on right through 13. Make sure you get dog's attention and drive to A Frame to avoid off course tunnel.
- Front Cross 16-17 or Shoulder Pull and Push On Last Pole to get to 18.
- Single Sided Threadle 18-19 and rotate into Rear Cross on take off of 20.
- Drive forward to table.
This was a fast and fun one, give it a try and please let me know how you did!!!