Open/Masters Course - They Didn't Kill Me...
29 Oct 2014
I love my students; they are always up for a challenge and they didn’t try to kill me after running this course. This course isn’t that difficult per se: it’s difficulty can be adjusted by slightly changing some jump locations. Here’s the course (run the black circles for more challenges):
Class CourseObstacle Legend
My moving the jumps shown surrounded by green/red jumps you can make the weave entry and line following the weaves more difficult. Move jumps toward the red to make it harder and toward the green for easier.
Panorama of Course Setup for Open Students
Here are some handling thoughts:
- Can you use side cues only to get your dog into the correct side of tunnel 4? Otherwise a on the landing side works.
- Many options for the at 6. Turning the dog toward the waves gives the best line for 7-8.
- Crossing on the take off of the teeter worked best.
- Push to the Back Side of 10 and Front Cross over the jump to put dog on right to 11.
- Depending on your dog's weave entry skills and the location of jump 13 it can give an easier weave entry by wrapping your dog 360 to their left around 12. I had my students also work turning their dog right and getting down the line to help the entrance.
- Cue the dog on the approach to 15 to get a better line to the correct side of 16.
- Can you Front Cross on the landing side of 17 to run the rest dog on right? Or do you have to on the landing of 18 and then push through the 18-19 gap?
- My Masters students had to go to the black 21. Turns out motion toward the tire cued it... keep your dog in handler focus or take them to the left side of 21...
This one was fun and challenging to run and I hope you try it out. I’d love to see your videos! Please remember Meeker and help other dogs with cancer if you use this course in your classes:
- WAO Team USA Practice Inspired Course - Video
- Advanced Class: A Little Piece of Evil - 01-Jun-2011
- Practice Standard Course Built Around A Jump Chute
- Advanced Class Course - 2009-Sep-15