Challenging Big & Small Courses
26 Apr 2013
My class course this week was inspired by the two jump, A Frame, tunnel discrimination in one of Eduard Bonet’s European Open qualifier courses. I also put together four small space exercises based on this challenge for your home fun.
Here is Eduard’s course:
Eduard Bonet Standard Agility Course
Here’s my class course containing his jump, A Frame, tunnel challenges (use the black circled numbers to switch things around):
Full Size Class Course
Here are some handling suggestions:
- Can your run dog on left all the way to 4 (and avoid the off course tunnel)? I challenged my students and they all got it.
- 5-6-7 has a bunch of options - you should be able to do them all:
- Dog on right 5-6 with a to a to turn the dog left over 6 and putting your dog on your left. Then drive to the tunnel - your motion should keep the dog off the A Frame.
- Dog on right 5-6 with a Ketschker Jump Wrap turning the dog left over 6 and putting your dog on your right and drive to the tunnel. to a
- Dog on right to 5 Front Cross on landing (dog on left to 6) and Front Cross Wrap 6 turning the dog right over 6 and to putting your dog on your right and drive to the tunnel. This is longer but for some dogs could be faster.
- 8-9 Ketschker 8, turning dog left over 8, and putting the dog on your right to 9. Or Front Cross Jump Wrap 8 turning the dog right over 8 and putting the dog on your right to 9.
- Front Cross 11-12
- Front Cross 12-13 (on take off of 13). Independent teeter can you Front Cross on landing of 13?
- Get dog's attention on approach to 15 to get a good turn toward tunnel 16.
- Pick dog up near tunnel exit. Dog on left through 22 - get ahead, show good motion toward 21.
- 22-23-24 - you can handle it all on one side if get to landing of 22, or if you stay dog on left 24.
I was hoping to video Meeker running this course after I set it up, but the traffic was so bad I barely had time to dream this up and set it before my students arrived. So I’ll leave it to you to offer up a video! Please do!
For those who want to work on the “interesting” part at home here are four small space sequences you can play with:
Small Space Sequences
- Fun Small Space Courses With Handling Options - Annotated Video
- All In One Courses - Big & Small Spaces
- Small Space Front/Rear Cross Seminar Sequences
- Full Size and Small Space Courses Based on Cynosport Courses