Dana Pike/Steve Small Space Challenge With Video
24 Jul 2012Dana Pike had a challenging jumping sequence in one of her courses and I put it into a small space course and shot a quick video of Meeker and me trying it a couple ways. Here is the sequence:
Dana had weaves along the left side of the course ending around jump 7. Her challenge was obstacle sequence 7-12; I found it interesting for the double Back Side The Connection Between Threadles and Back SidesHandling the Quad Back Side - Patrick Bucher Course/VideoBack Side/Back Side JumpBack Side of Jump Handling Combinations - Video jump handling possibilities. I really enjoy her courses.
As you plan your strategy and before you look at the video think about these handling notes:
- How will you turn tightly over jump 5 and avoid the off course 2/9?
- Which side of jump 8/10 do you want to be on going to 10?
- How will/can you be ahead of your dog for jump 11?
- Which side of jump 11 will you take your dog?
- If the course continued in the direction of jump 13 how would you get your dog on your left after jump 11?
It was 85 F and 55% humidity so I just took a few cracks at this sequence in my backyard - so I’ve included all of our attempts. I included slow motion versions after each run with some annotations on what went right/wrong. There are many alternate handling methods besides the two I demonstrated!
If you enjoyed this article won't you please: Thanks!