Susan Garrett $5 Certainty Challenges
07 Jan 2010
Two weeks ago Susan Garrett posted a $5 Certainty Challenge, where she challenges handlers to get to the crux of their dog’s stress issues. I think her approach is certainly sound and will determine where a handler with a dog that stresses low (sniffing, avoidance) or high (zoomies) needs to “spend” their efforts to improve the situation for their dogs.
So the first step is to collect five weave challenges, five contact challenges and five handling challenges from 3 or more agility instructors. I decided to take a look through my course posts and see if I could contribute to this project. So here’s what I’ve found:
- Dana Pike Evil Weave Entry one of my favorites, the sequence leading up to the weave entrance is straight forward but the off course tunnel at the weaves is fun.
- My Collection of Challenging Weave Entry Drills
- Broad Jump 180 to weave entry This was a lot of fun
- Some great Dana Pike weave entry challenges
- 90 degree contact to weave entrances, this was an issue I had with Meeker
- Rear Cross to 90 degree On Side Weave Entrance, again this was an issue for us
- Rear Cross to Contact/Tunnel Discrimination
- Double Tunnel Contact Discriminations also includes "teeter to nowhere" challenge. Three sequences for one setup.
Most of these courses also have weave entrance and/or contact discrimination challenges.</p.
- Three sequences on one setup with good smorgasbord of handling challenges and options
- Five sequences on one backyard setup with , , and on/off side weave entrances
- A challenging Dana Pike course with everything in it.
- A Dana Pike seminar course, take a look at the weave entry and the closing...
- Another challenging Dana Pike course
I hope anyone looking for challenging courses finds these helpful.
- Dana Pike - Another Class Course w/Video
- DcH Aalborg - Kurt Jensen Jumpers - Video
- Practice Standard Course Built Around A Jump Chute
- Practice Course - Serpentines, Threadles, Weave Entries and Contacts